Manitowoc Minute Comes to Sheboygan!

Manitowoc Minute Comes to Sheboygan!

Morgen Stampfel, Writer

Oh my gosh! Charlie Berens from the Manitowoc Minute is coming to Sheboygan and you could have the chance to see him. Charlie Berens is a youtube sensation from our home state of Wisconsin. Many citizens are huge fans of Berens including South High teacher, Mrs. Trescher. She often plays Manitowoc Minute during free times in advisory and thinks he is hilarious. For people who like Charlie Berens or are just looking for something fun to do this weekend,  there are three great opportunities to see him. He will be here this Thursday, March 1st, Saturday, March 3rd, and Sunday, March 4th.

The first two chances to see Berens is at the Stefanie H. Weill Center on Thursday, March 1st or Saturday, March 3rd at 7:30pm both nights. Each ticket costs twenty dollars per person and may be available to purchase on the Stefanie H. Weill Center webpage. Many students and community members are very excited for this fun-filled night, one being Sophomore Elliot Pethan.

My mom showed me a few of his videos on my way to a baseball game this summer and I thought he was a pretty funny guy. I didn’t really think anything of it until I opened one of my gifts for Christmas and saw we got tickets go see him in Sheboygan. I think it’ll be a fun time with the family and I’m curious to see how good he is live.” This day has been long awaited for many, but not everyone has the chance to go see Berens live that would like to. For people who can’t make it to the Weill Center or cannot get tickets, there is another opportunity for you. On Sunday, March 4th from eleven to noon Charlie Berens is going to be at the Sheboygan County Food Bank. All you have to do is bring canned fruit in 100% fruit juice, or its own juice, and peanut butter to the Sheboygan County Food Bank located at 3115 N 21st St., Suite #1. There will be a photo opportunity and meet and greet with Charlie Berens and an optional tour of the Food Bank with staff to see how the facility works. Seeing Berens at the food bank will be a great time all while helping out community members.

The Sheboygan County Food Bank works locally to give food to community members who are most in need of it. The food bank purchases food as well as accept donations that gets delivered to their partner agencies who delivers the food to community members. Over the course of 2017 the food bank distributed 493,728 pounds of food with a value of $1,059,598 and they have high hopes that this year they can beat that.

If you find yourself needing something to do this weekend be sure Charlie Berens at the Stefanie H. Weill Center or bring canned fruit and peanut butter to the Sheboygan County Food Bank for a photo opportunity and meet and greet with him.