A Show Stoppin’ Christmas

Sophomore Amanda Moreau’s wonderful snow village to celebrate just in time for the holiday season

Nicolas Prahl, Writer

As the year winds down, and the holiday season takes off, there are many different traditions and celebrations that take place during this time. Around this time we often celebrate with those who are close to us individually, meaning, friends, family, and significant others. With love, joy, and holiday spirit wafting through the air. From setting up the Christmas tree to making holiday cookies, it can all lead to so many joyful events and activities from which great memories are born. This is also the time of year in which we dress in ugly sweaters, drink tons of eggnog and get ready for another brand new year.

During the holidays leads to a lot of traditions and special activities that families enjoy doing or have been doing for quite some time. Whether it’s going out to Christmas carol or ringing bells or even going out on Black Friday and have fun spending money, even though it can get pretty crazy. A lot of Christmas fanatics (I am very guilty) dress our house from head to toe in Christmas spirit and have Christmas music blasting through our speakers. While others (the Ba Hum Bugs) out there don’t even bother with Christmas. Don’t want any part of it and just hate the holiday in general. That is very hard to do though…

Sophomore Amanda Moreau says,

My favorite thing to do is to go ice skating, I like to put up the Christmas tree with my mom and then set up our Christmas village. One tradition my family has is making Christmas cookies for our family on Christmas Eve party at my grandma’s house.”

Freshman Annika Glavan says,

“Gift exchange with friends, shopping, decorating Christmas tree”

Sophomore Hailey Vanstelle states,

“My favorite Christmas family traditions are our present treasure hunt on Christmas, Christmas get-togethers, and on my dad’s side of the family, we have a present game that we roll a cube with instructions and each person in the circle gets a present at the end.”

Junior Dulce Luna says,

“My favorite thing is celebrating my birthday and for us, in the Hispanic community we celebrate the day of Virgin Mary on the 12th of December!”

Driving down the streets seeing all the very well decorated houses, hearing the sleigh bells come from the air and seeing the city covered in white, sets the entire theme for the holidays. With Hanukkah starting early December (December 12th) and ending five days before Christmas (December 20th). Many people whose religion is Judaism often celebrate this holiday with their family and those close to them. People celebrate this holiday by lighting a candle on a menorah each day, every day between the period.

Around this time of year a lot of people celebrate Hanukkah, but also a lot of people celebrate Christmas. With Christmas landing on a Monday this year meaning Christmas

Eve is on Sunday. Christmas Eve is the time in which the world awaits for the big man in red to come tomorrow and give us all that one gift that we have all been asking for. Whether

it’s big or small, Santa will try his best to get that one very wanted present under that tree as long as you leave out cookies and milk for the big guy and some carrots for his reindeer.

Sitting by the warm fire, laughing, making memories, all on a joyful holiday. Bringing your friends close and your loved ones closer. There isn’t really anything else you could ask for, but beware of where you’re standing, you might catch your loved one waiting under the mistletoe…

A lot of you know may know Dasher, and Dancer, and Prancer, and Vixen, Comet, and Cupid, and Donner, and Blitzen… But do you recall the most famous reindeer of all? In just a few more days Rudolph and his gang will light the way to every house in the world, and do what they do best. But you better watch out, you better not cry and you certainly better not pout because I’ll tell you why. Santa Claus is coming to town. Be very careful though, he knows if you’ve been naughty or nice, and definitely going to check that list once or twice.

I hope all of you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holidays.