North/South Musical: Fiddler on the Roof

Who is The Fiddler?: The poster for the Fiddler on The Roof. The Fiddler on the Roof is a classic musical and North/South are performing a unique rendition of it.

Mitchell Gilipsky, Editor

This year Sheboygan North/South will be performing the classic musical Fiddler On The Roof for students and public at North High School. Opening night for the play is tonight, November 3rd at 7 PM and will also be performed at 7 PM on November 4th, 5th, 9th, 10th, 11th, and at 2 pm on the 5th.  If you have never been to a musical this classic is a must-see for everyone.  The students have worked very hard on it since September, and are very excited for everyone to see it. Junior Shannon Hyman said,

“We worked really hard on this and are excited for your applause.” Students help create the stage, play the music, and perform a show to create a great experience for the audience. Junior Anjelika Dombrowski stated,

Come to the show it is an excellent show with an even greater cast, pit, and stage crew. It takes you into a different world for 2 hours and 20 minutes.” Being part of the Musical is a great way for students to improve many of their skills. Whether it be acting, singing, playing an instrument, or creating a set. This year the stage crew is run by South Teacher Mr. Scheller. Their goal is to try and take you to Imperial Russia.

Students step out of there comfort zone by being part of the play and support will help them know how appreciated it is. Whether that be by playing a new instrument, learning to create decorations in new ways, or having the nerves to get up in front of a crowd and then sing, dance, and act. Whatever it may be it takes lots of hard work and lots of guts. It is also a very entertaining play so you will have an amazing time while supporting South and North students. Senior Claire Pelto encourages you to go and said,

“This show is funnier than you think. It may seem old, boring, and overdone but, every production is different and I can guarantee this adaptation will stand out.” Freshman Alyssa Meulbroek agrees and said,

“They should go because they will really enjoy it and the cast and crew have worked really hard on the show.” If you’re still not sure if you want to go, you will be able to see your peers doing great dances. Senior Lindsey Anderson Encourages everyone to come and said,

“I am most excited for the audience to experience the dances that I believe will be very impressive.” Sophomore Ian Zempel reported,

“I’m in the show, and I’d go for fun even if I wasn’t in it.” Come support North/South students’ hard work at North. Remember to wish all of the cast and crew good luck. You can get in for free with your activity card, so come enjoy an amazing musical.