Formolo selected as South’s new principal

Zoe Schrameyer, Editor

After Principal Mr. Michael Trimberger resigned his position to take on the role of Superintendent at the Random Lake School District, South High was on the hunt for a new principal. Fortunately, not far from home, Associate Principal Mr. Kevin Formolo was selected as the new Principal of South High.

“I am so very pleased that Mr. [Kevin] Formolo will be the next Principal at South High School,” stated current principal Mr. Michael Trimberger.

“Over the past few years, he has worked tirelessly to give our students the school that they deserve.  We have many things to be proud of at South High School and many of the things we have are because of him.  To have the next principal work as hard as he has for the students and the staff will ensure that our school will become the Best School In the Universe.  Mr. Formolo has proved that he has Redwing Pride and will be a great principal for our students, our staff and our entire community”.

Current Assistant Principal Kevin Formolo poses in front of South High. He will officially take over as principal in July.

When asked if she was worried about a new administrative switch going into her senior year, Junior Jossiel Delgado stated,

“I’m not worried about the new principal being Mr. Formolo. He been with us through the transition to Flex Mod and knows the system. I’d be worried if it was someone completely new. With the few interactions I’ve had with him, he seemed like a person who cares about us students and will do anything to help us. Seeing that makes me look forward to him being our principal because I know that he would be a great one, just like Mr. Trimberger was”.

Mr. Kevin Formolo comes into the new position with 13 years of educational experience including 8 years as a school counselor, 2 years as the Dean of Students, and 3 years as the Associate Principal. When asked how being Principal will differ from previous titles he replied, “[It] will be much different in that I am taking on the responsibility of keeping our school vision and progressive approach to education alive”.

“Ultimately, it would be nice to keep Mr. Trimberger just because he has been doing this position for a while, but it is great that we have someone else in the building taking the position and is familiar with the school. When it comes to the students, Mr. Formolo is the backbone of flexmod. As a mother, I think he will be good for the students knowing the schedule and the students,” said Physical Education teacher and parent of a South High student, Mrs. Shelly Trescher.

While many students have been worried about the scheduling system, Flex Mod, Formolo explained that though there is more work to be done, “I am super proud of what we have accomplished and will continue to dedicate time and resources to getting flex mod more effective and efficient, most specifically to Skyward, attendance and conflicts”.

Though a big change for Formolo, South High is ready for him to continue and further his leadership.

He concluded with, “I’m really looking forward to this new challenge and hope to act and lead as the Principal in the best interest of our students. I hope to continue building our vision of having strong classrooms, strong culture and a strong connection to the community. I hope to be cognizant of our student voice and using that voice to make positive changes for students”.

Best of luck to Mr. Formolo as he embarks on his journey as the new South High Principal.