South Begins Winter Break

Freshmen Chloe Renzelmann and Emily Edson laugh and talk over Winter Break. The two are cousins, so their families get together to celebrate over Break.

Natalie Binversie, Editor in Chief

Merry Christmas! ¡Feliz Navidad! Seasons Greetings! Kirismas Wacan! Happy Hanukkah! Joyeux Noël! Happy Holidays! Habari gani? Happy Birthday! No matter how they say it, many of the students at South High will be celebrating something in the next few days. Birthdays, Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, and many more celebrations will be taking place over Winter Break.

I plan to celebrate Christmas with my family which [includes] going somewhere almost everyday for the holiday,” Sophomore Kayleigh Entringer stated. Travel is a big part of many students’ celebrations as

they prepare to visit their families. Some students have family members that don’t live too far away while others take longer trips to see family and friends.

“I’m going to Wausau, which is about a 2 and a half hour drive, to see my family on Christmas Day,” said Sophomore Samuel Kaffine.

Many students are also looking forward to their days off of school, whether or not they are celebrating anything,

“I need to sleep, do APUSH homework, go sledding, take tons of photos, and turn 17!” exclaimed Junior Angela Yang. Winter Break can be an especially busy time as students take on more hours at work, catch up on homework, apply for scholarships, catch up on sleep, and spend time with friends and family.

“I plan on staying in Sheboygan to work and hang out with friends as much as possible,” Senior Spencer Miesfeld stated. In addition to all of those things students have to do, South’s sports teams don’t take all of Winter Break off, as Junior Mackenzie Barber explained,

“I’ll be going to dance practice.” Both the dancers and basketball players will be practicing at school over Winter Break,

“I will celebrate Christmas with my family and friends, but I also have basketball practice during the week off,” stated Senior Isabelle Barrington.

Regardless of how busy South’s students are, they all appreciate a little time before the end of the first semester to prepare for finals, catch up on homework, and decompress.