Seniors’ End.

Jackson Martinez

end /end/ noun

1. a final part of something, especially a period of time, an activity, or a story.

The definition of end entails the final parting of something, the end of a story, or period of time. For many of the seniors apart of the graduating class of 2016, many are being faced with this reality as it is time to face an end to something they have found not only joy, and pride in, but identity as well. Whether that identity be an athlete, a musician, an actor/actress, or a leader, after high school, this identity ends for many. As the class of 2016 is being released into the world to start their lives, many are experiencing feelings of nostalgia and reminisce over the four years they have participated in their activities. Some members of the graduating class of 2016 have been interviewed on the last’s they are experiencing in their activities.

image1 (7)
Seniors Paige Bohlman, Pachia Yang, Peter Reinke, Sydnee Pribbernow, and Jordan Lohse pose in front of their high school symbolizing a goodbye to the facility they’ve spent four years making memories in the activities they love.

Jordan Lohse | Soccer | 4 year participant: My favorite part of soccer was winning conference and being able to meet awesome new friends. I will miss team meals and going out before and after games with my team the most. I learned to never give up, and always do to my best no matter how hard the situation was. Also, I learned that committing time to something you love is well worth it in the end, and I wouldn’t have traded my memories on high school soccer for anything! Silas Brunn | South High Singers | 3 year participant Something I will miss from Singers is all the friends I’ve made, We became a family in a way, and I’ll miss seeing them everyday bright and early. One of my favorite part of Singers is how it is my first class, it sets my mood for the whole day. I get to see some of my closest friends and it’s a fun class. Most people probably don’t look forward to their first class but I do. The thing I’ll take away from Singers are the memories. All the funny and embarrassing stories we have together are something I won’t forget anytime soon and I know i’ll think of some whenever I need a good laugh. Sydnee Pribbernow | Student Council | 4 year participant I have been a part of student council all four years, and executive board for three years. I will forsure miss planning fun activities for our school and keeping the traditions going. I truly value all of the relationships that I have made with so many different people by being a part of student council! My favorite thing was definitely planning Homecoming activities for four years and getting the school excited! Being on executive board of student council has taught me, dedication, commitment, and hard work. It wasn’t always easy to plan things or actually do things, but we all stuck to it and got through it together! I am so grateful for Mr. Schrank and it would not have been the same without him and all of his work that he puts into this activity. I am going to miss student council a lot!! Paige Bohman | Art Scream | 4 year participant I have been on Art Scream for 4 years, and it will be hard to leave it behind. I will miss Art Scream because it was an opportunity for me to meet more people who were just as passionate about art as I am. With our small group of people, it was easy to form close bonds with all of them. I love the activities and projects that we have done throughout my four years. For example, every year we donate art to “Making Spirits Bright” for the Christmas show. This year, we painted paddles for the new nutrition office and we also sell our artwork at the botany sale every year; making creations such as bird houses. Art Scream has taught me a lot; the biggest aspect that I have taken from it is to work as a team. Art does not seem like one of those subjects where you need to work together on projects, but in Art Scream, we work as a team and give each other artistic feedback. Monday’s are a bad day for everyone, but I will miss Monday’s of high school, because now, I won’t be able to go to Art Scream after school. Pachia Yang | Drumline | 4 year participant What I will definitely miss the most about Drumline is the people. We have really irregular hours for practice, so we all have to be really flexible and accommodating of those who aren’t always able to make it. This really made it so that we were able to get to know each other and bond at a level beyond just practice.My favorite part of Drumline was learning and writing the routines. It’s a lot of work, but it definitely pays off in the end when I get to see the end result on stage. What I will take from Drumline is patience, ability to compromise, and dedication. We went through a lot of ups and downs during practices (especially the performance season), but we pushed through in the end and were able to become much closer as friends and teammates. Peter Reinke | Trap | 4 year participant I will definitely miss being able to shoot around and talk with the team before shooting, telling jokes and stories, then going and either shooting or watching my friends shoot. My favorite part was being able to see the growth in abilities of not only myself, but other shooters too. I learned patience from shooting. From waiting for hours just to be able to shoot every Saturday morning, to actually being on the line shooting, there is no aspect of the sport that can be rushed. As all may think that the class of 2016 is ready to get out and be done with high school forever, the feelings behind the eager faces that show are much more than that. Many of the members of the class of 2016 have built a life here at Sheboygan South, not only with friends and teachers, but the experiences they have gone through in finding themselves in the activities they took apart of. The end for them is approaching and south high will remember and thank them for all the time, effort, and dedication it took to have to be apart of their curriculums throughout their time at South.